After playing extremely well in his first two preseason games, Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback E.J. Manuel will miss at least the remainder of the preseason after undergoing surgery on his right knee.
Here’s the official statement the Bills released earlier today regarding Manuel’s injury.
“EJ Manuel had some swelling in his left knee this morning and was examined by our medical staff. An MRI revealed that he will need to have a minor knee procedure and that has been scheduled. He will miss the remainder of the preseason and then be re-evaluated at that time. Kevin Kolb will be our starting quarterback for this weekend’s game at Washington.”
It was beginning to appear that Manuel would beat Kevin Kolb and win the Bills starting QB job.
With Manuel out for the remainder of the preseason, it now looks like Kolb could be getting the Week 1 start for the Bills.
Follow me on Twitter: @mlukes14
- EJ Manuel to Miss Remainder of Preseason with Knee Injury (wkbw.com)
- EJ Manuel knee injury will keep him out of Bills preseason (buffalorumblings.com)
- EJ Manuel out for rest of preseason after surgery (cbssports.com)
- EJ Manuel out for preseason (thasportsjunkies101.wordpress.com)
- Corn on the Kolb (buffalowdown.com)